.C3 file format

All questions and discussions about file format analysis are welcome in this forum.

Moderators: Alhexx, mirex

.C3 file format

Postby zatoichi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 0:14

was wondering if anyone had time to add support to Biturn for this file format (xxxxx.c3) from Conquer Online. If so, please post how i can get in touch with you, or reach me at buntaro@live.com on MSN. Pce!
zatoichi

Advanced in C3

Postby mirex » Sat Aug 21, 2010 19:44

Hello

I had decoded C3 format, so I was able to read its models with animations and textures. I was able to write modified C3 models. Specifically I can modify Eudemons Online armors (create new armors with new textures), create new Eudemons Online weapons (new weapons with new textures).

New version of Biturn can view C3 models with textures also with animations. It can convert C3 models into NIF format, which can be opened by various 3D editors, for example Blender. You can modify NIF file in the 3D editor and then convert it back to C3 format through Biturn.

To have NIF support in 3D editors you have to install NiffTools. All that is covered in the tutorial.

Though, animations can be viewed but can't be converted. I can't create new animations yet. If you want to view model with animations you have to create a text file 'anims.txt' in the same directory as the 3D model file. Fill it with filenames of animations for example:
0100.c3
0101.c3

Here are screenshots of two new "armors" that I converted to Eudemons Online:
Image Image

So and now some links:

Biturn_inst_09a6.exx - installer of Biturn that can convert C3 to NIF and back. Rename exx to exe, so you can run it.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b30129e ... t_09a6.exx

eudemons-model-edit.pdf - tutorial on how to create new armors, weapons with Biturn and Blender
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b3012b2 ... l-edit.pdf

eudemons-model-edit-files.rar - example files for the tutorial
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b3012bf ... -files.rar

All this has come real thanks to Forcer from elitepvpers

mirex
Administrator
Administrator

Hi

Postby kurosuke » Sat Nov 06, 2010 20:52

i was wondering how you can view that armor lvl 125 C3 in the preview with the actual texture for that model using biturn? when i opened the C3 of that level 125 armor it only showed me the 3D model but no texture x) :( and I was also wondering if its possible to make the left arm of a certain armor's 3D model bigger than the right arm but still be able to use the original dds texture for it?

Im a totally newbie about this stuff but i really love to know how this works x) :o
kurosuke

Postby mirex » Mon Nov 08, 2010 13:48

Yes you can do both things.

To see the texture you have to copy the required texture to the C3 model directory. Textures are in a different subdirectories, and you have to find one that has the same name, and extension DDS. Copy it next to the C3 model and then you'll be able to see the textured model.

To make arm bigger you have to start some 3D editor and follow editing guidelines in PDF file below. There you can edit anything on the model, even grow its arm. Texture will remain on its place as moving of vertices does not move vertex texcoords. But to do this you have to try and learn alot about how to use 3D program.
mirex
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hope » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34

Hello

Sorry for bumping a one year old thread but I had a few questions.

I'm using 3DS max 7 with .c3 export plugin and biturn with .c3 support, for Conquer Online. I'm having some difficulties.

I can only succesfully export to 3ds max 7 static meshes [ weapons, haistyles, headgears, and other meshes without animations ( monsters, NPCs, bosses.. ) ]
I cannot export to 3DS armor files with animation, weapon glows and basically every effects. Neither can't I preview weapon glows and every effects in biturn.

Originally made for Eudemons Online, Conquer Online file structure seems to be different.
Is there any ways for me to fully export to 3ds max effects, glows, and maybe meshes with animations ( with textures, frames, vertices, rigged meshes ) ?
Or to fully export custom ones from 3DS max 7 to Conquer Online ?

Thanks for reading.
Hope

Postby mirex » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42

Hi Hope.

Current state is like this:

Biturn can convert only static meshes so far. You can only modify static meshes, get them back to the game and let them use the original animation files of the game. You can't modify or create animation.

You can view animation of the object in Biturn, but you can't convert it to any other format.

It seems that CO has different format than EO and that's why animated models don't work. So there is no way to export those models to 3DS max.

At this time I don't have spare time to work on the conversion as I'm busy with many other projects. Sorry.
mirex
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hope » Tue Aug 02, 2011 13:59

Thanks for your answer, and don't worry I was just curious about whats possible and what's not, that tool is amazing enough !

Sorry for late answer ( lost the forum adress and couldnt remember its name xD )

Thanks again mirex
Hope

Postby michaeljee » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

Return to File Format Analysis