STALKER - OGF mesh

All questions and discussions about file format analysis are welcome in this forum.

Moderators: Alhexx, mirex

STALKER - OGF mesh

Postby OmegaThree » Wed Apr 04, 2007 17:06

I have another challenge! STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl OGF models. Here are some resources that should serve as a starting point:

[EDIT 3/8/2008: Removed abakan.zip as the format is now known.]
http://three.homeip.net/files/OGFViewer104.rar - OGF Viewer 1.0.4 (333 KB, for viewing OGF models — no export capability yet)
http://three.homeip.net/files/STALKER_Data_Unpacker.zip - Database Unpacker (56 KB, if you have the game you can unpack the DBA archives)

Personally, I'm not concerned with skeletal animation data. I'm only interested in exporting the mesh and UV coordinates. I'll look at the format when I get a chance and post anything interesting I find, but I'm not too good at this stuff.
Last edited by OmegaThree on Sat Mar 08, 2008 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
OmegaThree

Postby mirex » Fri Apr 06, 2007 21:57

Hmm seems like game has large modding community
http://forum.v5g.de/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Are you sure there is no convertor available ?
Anyhow, we need at least some files for analyse, with dead links it no-can-do ...
mirex
Administrator
Administrator

Postby OmegaThree » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:51

I certainly didn't find one. The mod community for STALKER is working with files straight out of the archives; there haven't been any SDK/MDK tools released thus far. The fact that there's a model viewer (and it works pretty well) means the format is known, but to my knowledge an exporter hasn't been developed.

The links aren't broken. You might have tried accessing them when my system was down. It happens from time to time.
OmegaThree

Postby fatduck » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:43

OGF Viewer 1.0.4 ALREADY have the export mesh function! It export OGF mesh to wavefront obj!
But it didn't export material though!
fatduck

Postby OmegaThree » Sun Mar 02, 2008 20:29

I guess it's about time to resurrect this topic. There is a tool for STALKER OGF models that converts them into Source SMD models, with skinning and animation. These can then be imported into your preferred editing package. (I use 3ds max and Cannonfodder's SMD import plug-in.)

Unfortunately, the converter is a serious pain to use because it can only convert one model at a time, and it has to be in the same directory as the model. It also puts every model it converts into an 'smd' directory, so any previous model you converted will be overwritten by the next unless you manually transfer or rename it.

Fortunately, I made a front-end that does all the work for you. You can get it from my homepage, including the necessary support libraries (as I wrote it in VB6). The SMD converter (ogf2smd) is too big for me to host, but you can google for it). Have fun!
OmegaThree

Return to File Format Analysis