Sneak King / Big Bumpin' / PocketBike Racer

All questions and discussions about file format analysis are welcome in this forum.

Moderators: Alhexx, mirex

Sneak King / Big Bumpin' / PocketBike Racer

Postby Tural » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:51

Sorry, in a rush, going to just quote from another board:

Tural wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has had previous experience with model extraction from games. I'm looking for someone who would be able to get models and BSPs from a few games. Games are all developed by the same company, and use the same format of models for each. The company isn't a big one, and I highly doubt there's some massive encryption on the meshes and textures. It shouldn't be too hard to do. Each level of the game has two files, a .xbp and a .xen. This is because the discs each have two games on them, one for Xbox 360 and one for the original Xbox.

I can provide files to someone who can do this if need be.
Tural

Postby Alhexx » Tue Nov 28, 2006 16:23

Well, if you upload a few files, we can at least give it a try.

- Alhexx
Alhexx
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tural » Tue Nov 28, 2006 23:02

Tural

Postby Alhexx » Thu Nov 30, 2006 18:56

I have seen you have also posted this issue on XeNTaX forums, and the information the guy there gave you seems to be right.

Basically, there's just 1 "big" difference between the XBP and XEN file format - the XBP format uses Little Endian Byte Ordering while the XEN format uses Big Endian Byte Ordering.
And at least in the 2 files you uploaded, the block size in the XBP files is 128 Bytes, while the block size in XEN is 1024 bytes.

I managed to write a Kaddy Plugin for the XBP format. You can download Kaddy and the plugin, then you should be able to open and extract the XBP files with Kaddy.

Have more fun.

- Alhexx
Alhexx
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tural » Thu Nov 30, 2006 21:50

Awesome, thanks a bunch Alhexx. :)
Tural

Postby Alhexx » Thu Nov 30, 2006 23:29

Oh, and by the way:
The XBP and XEN files aren't model files - they are archive files.
The files that you uploaded mostly contained sound files, no model data.
If you are searching for models, you will have to look inside those archives.

If you encounter any problems with the XBP Plugin for Kaddy, drop a reply here.

- Alhexx
Alhexx
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tural » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:30

Sorry for the extended delay, my motherboard went out and I've had some difficulties with that.

Anyways, the plugin seems to work on just that one file, and not the other XBP files. I've uploaded the largest ones, I believe these should contain most, if not all of the models and textures, as well as level BSPs and such. Sorry to use Rapidshare, Savefile is down at the moment.

Again, thanks for your help Alhexx.

http://rapidshare.com/files/6994639/Packages.rar
Tural

Postby Alhexx » Thu Dec 14, 2006 17:25

Okay, I have updated the XBP plugin.
You can re-download it now.

- Alhexx
Alhexx
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jsnock » Mon Oct 22, 2007 16:36

Alhexx, any chance you can write a plugin for the .xen files. We're currently working on getting GH3 songs converted over for use on Frets on Fire the open source guitar game. Let me know or take a look at the files posted up on the FoF boards, here:

http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=12803;st=20
jsnock

Postby Tural » Mon Oct 22, 2007 18:12

I don't think they're actually .xen files. The names are all songname.fsb.xen. I'm fairly certain they are really .fsb files, with a dummy extension. The movie files are movie.bik.xen. Renaming them to just movie.bik will allow them to be played in Bink, which tells me it isn't in any archive, the .xen extension is just there for show.
Tural

Postby jurgen » Mon Oct 22, 2007 21:44

Unfortunately you're wrong at least with your guess that the .fsb.xen files are just .fsb files.

They are not. They are no unencrypted FSB files, and they are no FSB files encrypted with the standard FSB Encryptionkey. So they either are in an archived format, or they are in FSB format, but afterwards encrypted with a non-FMOD method (or they are no FSB files at all).

Any help on this appreciated. The Frets On Fire community would like to play Guitar Hero 3 songs (and therefore rip those), and the Guitar Hero community (see scorehero.com) would like to put their own songs in GH3 (and therefore know the format they have to write them in).
jurgen

Return to File Format Analysis