Other Reverse Engineering Sites

All questions and discussions about file format analysis are welcome in this forum.

Moderators: Alhexx, mirex

Other Reverse Engineering Sites

Postby Alhexx » Mon Jan 16, 2006 22:37

I've decided to create a list of useful sites, wikis and forums that take care of file format hacking and game modding.
If you have a page to add, just post a reply here, I'll merge them into this list.

Forums

Qhimm's Forums
A great forum about Final Fantasy modding, especially FF7.

XeNTaX Forum
A forum that takes care of game modding. Although the section about file format hacking is not that big, it may be worth a look.

ZModeler Forum
A forum of the car modelling software ZModeler. If you want to mod your favorite racing game, take a look here.

Sites

Turfster's game tools
A quite small game modding page, however, you can find some nice and useful tools there.

Elbereth zone
Elbereth's website presenting tool called Dragon Unpacker which is able to unpack many of game archives.

Wikis
Qhimm Wiki
A Wiki about Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, Xenogears and the PSX.

XeNTaX Wiki
A great Wiki with over 1.000 (!) decoded file formats, most of them archives. If you're searching for an archive format description, this is where you have to search!
Last edited by Alhexx on Sun Sep 03, 2006 23:48, edited 4 times in total.
Alhexx
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mirex » Fri Jan 27, 2006 13:26

Yup, looks great. Though, most of the formats are the archive formats descriptions (like .lgp), I haven't found 3d files or Bitmap files descritpion. But very handy nevertheless.

If you need to decode some game files you can try to place your request on their forums: http://forum.xentax.com/
mirex
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mirex » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:12

Forum dedicated to the Z-Modeler tool which has ability to read / convert / mod car models from many of the car racing games. It can be found at http://forum.zmodeler2.com
mirex
Administrator
Administrator

Return to File Format Analysis